- Monday: Seattle Mariners righty Kendall Graveman was diagnosed with a bone tumor in the cervical part of his spine. The tumor is benign, and it will allow him to still pitch. He is likely to get surgery to remove it “down the road.”
- Tuesday: The MLB prepared an operations manual that would give rules and a blueprint of how teams would play in a “bubble” setup for the postseason. It’s still very early in its stages, but it’s showing that the league is seriously considering it due to the success the NBA is currently having with their current format and little to no COVID-19 cases.
- Wednesday: Houston Astros outfielder/DH Yordan Alvarez will miss the remainder of the season after undergoing surgery for his right patella tendon. He only appeared in one game this season.
- Thursday: The Houston Astros placed third baseman Alex Bregman on the 10-day IL after suffering a strained hamstring against the Colorado Rockies.
- Friday: The Philadelphia Phillies traded righties Nick Pivetta and Connor Seabold to the Boston Red Sox in exchange for fellow veteran righties, Brandon Workman, Heath Hembree and $815K.
- Saturday: The Washington Nationals placed veteran righty Stephen Strasburg on the IL with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. He will undergo season-ending wrist surgery.
- Sunday: The Toronto Blue Jays placed righty Matt Shoemaker on the 10-day IL due to shoulder inflammation. In a corresponding move, the Blue Jays promoted fellow righty Jacob Waguespack from their alternate training site.
- The Indians activated Roberto Perez from the IL after recovering from a shoulder injury.
- The Indians called up Triston McKenzie over the weekend to start Saturday against the Detroit TIgers. McKenzie struck out 10 and walked one over six innings in his impressive debut.
News and Notes
- Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reports that the Tampa Bay Rays have placed righty Nick Anderson on the 10-day IL with shoulder inflammation in his throwing shoulder.
- According to Kerry Crowley of the Bay Area News Group, the San Francisco Giants have acquired infielder Daniel Robertson from the Tampa Bay Rays in exchange for cash considerations. In order to make space, the Giants DFA’d veteran Hunter Pence.
- Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that the Los Angeles Dodgers activated catcher Will Smith from the IL. He’s returning from minor neck inflammation.
- According to Anne Rogers of MLB.com, the St. Louis Cardinals activated shortstop Paul DeJong from the IL He was one of seven player’s that tested positive for COVID-19 a few weeks back.
- The Toronto Blue Jays acquired first baseman Daniel Vogelbach from the Seattle Mariners in exchange for cash considerations.
- Mark Bowman of MLB.com reported that Atlanta Braves outfielder Ronald Acuna Jr. could make his return against the New York Yankees.
Photo: Ken Blaze/USA Today
Leave a Reply