- Monday: New York Mets righty Marcus Stroman opted out of the rest of the 2020 MLB season due to “uncertanties” and “concerns” of COVID-19.
- Tuesday: The MLB suspended Houston Astros hitting coach Alex Cintron, and Oakland Athletics outfielder Ramon Laureano. Both were suspended to misconduct and erupting a bench clearing brawl. However, allegedly, Laureano was provoked by Cintron which lead to his reaction. Laureano received a 4-game suspension while Cintron got 20 games.
- Wednesday: The Boston Red Sox placed outfielder Andrew Benitendi on the 10-day IL with a right rib cage strain he suffered against the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Thursday: The Texas Rangers have placed veteran righty Edison Volquez on the 45-day IL with a right oblique strain he suffered against the Seattle Mariners.
- Friday: The New York Yankees placed outfielder Aaron Judge on the IL with a mild calf strain. He along with Giancarlo Stanton are both out with injuries again which puts a strain on the middle of the lineup.
- Saturday: The Atlanta Braves placed outfielder Ronald Acuna Jr. on the 10-day IL due to left wrist inflammation. He’s been dealing with discomfort on the wrist since Tuesday’s game against the New York Yankees.
- Sunday: The New York Yankees plan to activate veteran closer Aroldis Chapman today. He will likely be active for Tuesday’s game against the Tampa Bay Rays.
- The Cleveland Indians activated righties Zach Plesac and Mike Clevinger, however, they were both surprisingly optioned to their alternate training site due to violating team rules related to COVID-19.
- Cleveland Indians DH/outfielder Franmil Reyes left the game on Sunday against the Detroit Tigers after getting hit in the left hand by a fastball by reliever, Joe Jimenez. X-rays were negative, and he was diagnosed with just a contusion.
News and Notes
- Dennis Lin of The Athletic reports that the San Diego Padres have placed closer Kirby Yates on the 10-day IL with bone chips in his right elbow.
- According to Anthony DiComo of MLB.com, the New York Mets have DFA’d veteran second baseman, Brian Dozier.
- According to Scott Lauber of the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Philadelphia Phillies have placed outfielder Roman Quinn on the COVID-19 IL. He did not test positive for the virus, but had minor symptoms.
- Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Chicago Cubs have placed righty Tyler Chatwood on the 10-day IL due to a back strain he suffered on Thursday against the Cleveland Indians. The roster spot will be filled by fellow righty, Jason Adams.
- According to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com, the New York Yankees have placed infielder DJ LeMahieu on the 10-day IL with a left thumb strain he suffered against the Boston Red Sox.
- Rob Longley of the Toronto Sun reports that Toronto Blue Jays have placed shortstop Bo Bichette on the 10-day IL with a right knee sprain.
- Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that San Diego Padres outfielder Tommy Pham was removed from the game against the Arizona Diamondbacks due to favoring his hand after hitting a foul ball. It’s the second straight game he was removed early.