- Monday: Atlanta Braves righty Mike Soroka suffered a season-ending ACL tear on his right leg against the New York Mets. He was attempting to cover first base, but came up limping and unable to put any pressure on it.
- Tuesday: Houston Astros closer Roberto Osuna will likely require Tommy John surgery on his right elbow, which would end his 2020 MLB campaign. He suffered the injury on Saturday against the Los Angeles Angels.
- Wednesday: Washington Nationals righty Max Scherzer was pulled from the game against the New York Mets due to a flare-up of his right hamstring.
- Thursday: Houston Astros lefty Kent Emanuel has been suspended 80-games for testing positive to PEDs. Emanuel has yet to make his debut, but is currently on the 40-man roster.
- Friday: Houston Astros outfielder George Springer suffered a sprained wrist against the Arizona Diamondbacks. He is currently day-to-day.
- Saturday: Free agent catcher Chris Ianetta retired from baseball after he was outrighted by the NewYork Yankees. He was then DFA.
- Sunday: The NewYork Yankees have placed outfielder Giancarlo Stanton on the 10-day IL due to a left hamstring strain he suffered against the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Cleveland Indians sent righty Zach Plesac back to Cleveland after violating the MLB’s safety protocols. Plesac went out with some of his friends in the Chicago area. He must remain in isolation for three days.
- The Cleveland Indians have DFA’d infielder, Christian Arroyo. In a corresponding move, the club activated fellow outfielder, Delino DeShields.
- According to Zack Meisel of The Athletic, Cleveland Indians hitting coach Ty Van Burkleo has opted out for the rest of the 2020 season due to COVID-19 concerns.
News and Notes
- The Kansas City Royals have activated utilityman Hunter Dozier from the COVID-19 restricted list. He is yet to make his debut.
- The New York Mets have placed righty Michael Wacha on the 10-day IL due to inflammation in his right shoulder.
- Jason Mackey of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the Pittsburgh Pirates have placed outfielder Phillip Evans on the 45-day IL. He will likely miss the remainder of the season after colliding with teammate Gregory Polanco going after a fly ball. He suffered a concussion and broken jaw.
- The Chicago White Sox DFA’d righty Drew Anderson. Fellow righty Jose Ruiz was called up to replace the open roster spot.
- The Chicago White Sox have traded outfielder Luis Basabe to the San Francisco Giants in exchange for cash considerations.
- According to Jordan Bastian of MLB.com, the Chicago Cubs have released utilityman Derek Dietrich so he can explore a major league opportunity elsewhere.
- The Cincinnati Red have placed infielder Mike Moustakas on the 10-day IL due to a left quad bruise. This makes his second time on the IL.
- The Baltimore Orioles have claimed righty Jorge Lopez off waivers from the Kansas City Royals.
- The Pittsburgh Pirates have signed free-agent righty Henderson Alvarez. The deal is still pending due to a physical.
- Scott Lauber of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that the Philadelphia Phillies have activated top pitching prospect, Spencer Howard. In his first start against the Atlanta Braves, he gave up 7H in 4.2IP, and had 4K.
- According to Jon Heyman of MLB Network, the series between the St. Louis Cardinals and Pittsburgh Pirates this week has already been postponed due to COVID-19 precautions. This means the Cardinals only have 46 days to make up 55 games.
- Marly Rivera of ESPN.com reports that the New York Yankees will make a determination on the return of closer Aroldis Chapman after he throws a bullpen session on Tuesday. Chapman has yet to make an appearance this season after catching COVID-19 on July 11.
- According to Juan Torbio of MLB.com, Tampa Bay Rays righty Charlie Morton left the game against the New York Yankees with right shoulder inflammation.
- Arizona Diamondbacks lefty Madison Bumgarner was removed from the game against th San Diego Padres due to back spasms. He has returned to Phoenix to be evaluated by doctors.
- According to Mark Berman of FOX 26, the Houston Astros have acquired lefty Brooks Raley from the Cincinnati Reds in exchange for a PTBNL.This trade is due to closer Roberto Osuna potentially needing Tommy John surgery on his right elbow.