The official announcement has been made that the 2020 Minor League Baseball season will be canceled.
It has been speculated about for a few months now, and was inevitable given the status of the pandemic that Minor League Baseball cannot operate without fans in the stands. As unfortunate as the situation is, this was a necessary decision for the safety of the fans, players and everyone involved.
While there may not be a 2020 minor league season, things aren’t going to change much at Indians Baseball Insider other than not having minor league games to cover. Here’s what you can expect going forward.
- We are going to continue with prospect coverage, starting with the mid-season revised 2020 Top Prospect Scouting Reports
- We will reach out to the Indians and prospects to do our best to cover their season, whether they are training at Progressive Field or Classic Park on the ‘taxi squad through features and other news and stories
- Our Indians coverage will increase, possibly with more in-person coverage and certainly remote coverage
- MLB Draft content from 2020 and looking ahead to 2021 will be increased
- This Day in Indians Minor League History will continue to run through the end of the regular season, and what days we can post during what would be the Minor League postseason
- Additional forms of content regarding Indians prospect currently, and of the past are also being discussed and worked out